Monday, February 11, 2008

Week 3, Thing 7: Write about anything technical

I just got a new upgraded Tracfone, so that has my technical focus this week. I'm not a big phone person, so a Tracfone has been just fine as my cell phone for the last few years. I like to know about new technology, what it is and what it can do, but I also want to be able to pick and choose what bits of it I can really make good use of and choose to pay for. I have no interest in having a Facebook account, for example, but I am interested in podcasting. It's not pleasant to feel you're trying to catch a speeding train. It's also not pleasant to realize you've spent money on gadgets you're not using and have been upgraded into oblivion anyway.

1 comment:

rmlrhonda said...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. My cell phone is my son's hand-me-down tracfone. Half the buttons have the characters worn off, and the battery lasts about 30 seconds, but it works to have an emergency phone when I'm traveling so it's good enough. Ancient as it is it still has many functions I never touch. Call and answer, that's what I do. I've been dragged kicking and screaming into the Myspace world only because my son is doing an exchange in Peru and he is using myspace to post pictures and otherwise communicate.